Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My Hip-Hop

Hip-Hop is word that can evoke 10 different definitions, from 10 different people. You might here hip-hop in the context of artist like C-murder and Lil’ Wayne, all the way to artist on the other side of the spectrum like Justin Timberlake and even Madonna. To me, hip-hop is any music made today that makes you want to bob your head or get up and dance.
Growing up I was influenced by multiple different types of music. Some of first CD’s I remember receiving on Christmas still have songs I listen to today. TLC’s “Waterfalls”, Korn’s “Issues”, and Will Smith’s “Big Willy Style”, to name a few greats. As I got older, my tastes in Music developed, and music became a huge part of my life. Every day before football practice, especially before games, I would throw on my IPod and get into the zone. The messages in such influential, and often considered controversial, CD’s like Eminem’s “The Marshal Mather’s LP”, Dr. Dre’s “2001”, and 2pac’s “All eyes on me” helped me stay focused in school and grow to be an Independent and intelligent Adult. Musicians have the power to spread fantastic messages; you just have to know what to be listening for.
As I made the biggest step of my life, moving up to UNCO, I had polished my favorite music style to be Hip-Hop, my definition of Hip-Hop. I spend countless hours on the Computer looking for the next big hit, or a new beat I could listen to while lifting or snowboarding. Some of the greatest signs of respect I can receive are when a friend comes to me with his IPod, looking for a fix of new tunes. I have built my life and personality around great music, using a Blogger and Twitter is the next step to evolving my passion, to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment